BLOB error while not using BLOB fields

    Hi, I am using Delphi 4 + MSSQL Server 7.0 + BDE 5.0. When I try to
post an inserted record in a TTable dataset I get the EDBEngineError
message "Non-blob column in table required to perform operation",
although I don't have any blob fields (only char, varchar and int)
anywhere in my database. The dataset remains in dsInsert state but when
I do Cancle and Refresh I can see that the record has been inserted. Any
solutions please?

Re:BLOB error while not using BLOB fields

I had the same problem before. It's happening when your BDE application use
Windows NT authentication to login SQL server. I dunno why till now, hope
somebody knows.

---
Wen Bing
http://www.imoney.com.cn

????e???? ??t??? <macs...@compulink.gr> wrote in message

383E50E5.A80EA...@compulink.gr...
>    Hi, I am using Delphi 4 + MSSQL Server 7.0 + BDE 5.0. When I try to
>post an inserted record in a TTable dataset I get the EDBEngineError
>message "Non-blob column in table required to perform operation",
>although I don't have any blob fields (only char, varchar and int)
>anywhere in my database. The dataset remains in dsInsert state but when
>I do Cancle and Refresh I can see that the record has been inserted. Any
>solutions please?

Re:BLOB error while not using BLOB fields

Upgrade your BDE to 5.10 will solve this problem.

---
Wen Bing
http://www.imoney.com.cn

Other Threads