BDE doesn't write database in time

Hello,

I use Delphi 1 and have a problem with the BDE 2.52. I close all my
tables and perform DbiSaveChanges on each one of them. When I put all
the tables in a zip-file (with TurboPower Abbrevia) next, two out of 25
tables have not been updated on disk yet.

What can I do to either wait for the BDE to flush all the buffers, or to
make the BDE flush all the buffers.

Thanks,

Jean-Marc van der Kolk
jmvdk...@casema.net

Re:BDE doesn't write database in time

Perhaps you could try to store the db-files timestamp before DBISaveChanges
and then perform a
    while TimeStamp(DBfile)=StoredTimeStamp do
        Application.ProcessMessages;
to wait for it to store and close the table.
/Rappen

Jean-Marc van der Kolk wrote:

> Hello,

> I use Delphi 1 and have a problem with the BDE 2.52. I close all my
> tables and perform DbiSaveChanges on each one of them. When I put all
> the tables in a zip-file (with TurboPower Abbrevia) next, two out of 25
> tables have not been updated on disk yet.

> What can I do to either wait for the BDE to flush all the buffers, or to
> make the BDE flush all the buffers.

> Thanks,

> Jean-Marc van der Kolk
> jmvdk...@casema.net

Re:BDE doesn't write database in time

Jean:

Is this a single user or a network?

Get a copy of our Delphi & Networks article from our components page - it
probably can help you.
Delphi Components Page: http://www.acsi.bc.ca/comp01.html

If it is an NT server, ther is a known caching bug.

Dave

--
Dave Robinson
Amber Computer Systems Inc.