BDE Setup Error (BUG?)In Install Shield Express

I am unable to build an installation program using Install Shield
Express that came with Delphi 4 in the Run Disk Builder section because
I am getting the following error:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Borland Shared\BDE\DATAPUMP.EXE could not
be found

Where is this file?  Why am I getting this error?  All I want is an
install program that delivers nothing but the BDE.  I plan on calling
this program from another install program.  I have uninstalled and
reinstall Dephi 4 with all options and still don't get the above
mentioned file put onto my machine.  Is this some sort of bug?

Robert G. Marquez
www.runtimesoftware.com

Re:BDE Setup Error (BUG?)In Install Shield Express

Heja Robert

Yes, it is sort of a bug. This file is only needed in the C/S version, but
InstallShield failed to remove this request in the Prof version. You can fix
it easy: Just remove the DATAPUMP-Files from your installation file.

HTH
Kaiser

--

Robert Marquez schrieb in Nachricht <3647291D.1DEC5...@earthlink.net>...

>I am unable to build an installation program using Install Shield
>Express that came with Delphi 4 in the Run Disk Builder section because
>I am getting the following error:

>C:\Program Files\Common Files\Borland Shared\BDE\DATAPUMP.EXE could not
>be found

>Where is this file?  Why am I getting this error?  All I want is an
>install program that delivers nothing but the BDE.  I plan on calling
>this program from another install program.  I have uninstalled and
>reinstall Dephi 4 with all options and still don't get the above
>mentioned file put onto my machine.  Is this some sort of bug?

>Robert G. Marquez
>www.runtimesoftware.com

Re:BDE Setup Error (BUG?)In Install Shield Express

Robert,

DATAPUMP is for C/S version so not there for pro or std.

quick fix to remove the three datapump files from install files in
Groups and files, under program files.

a permanant fix is to comment out the files in the installshield script
swdepend.ini (using ;; in from of lines).  This file is in installshield
directory.

I hope this helps.

Bryan Stait
Br...@parliament.tas.gov.au

Robert Marquez wrote in message <3647291D.1DEC5...@earthlink.net>...
>I am unable to build an installation program using Install Shield
>Express that came with Delphi 4 in the Run Disk Builder section because
>I am getting the following error:

>C:\Program Files\Common Files\Borland Shared\BDE\DATAPUMP.EXE could not
>be found

>Where is this file?  Why am I getting this error?  All I want is an
>install program that delivers nothing but the BDE.  I plan on calling
>this program from another install program.  I have uninstalled and
>reinstall Dephi 4 with all options and still don't get the above
>mentioned file put onto my machine.  Is this some sort of bug?

>Robert G. Marquez
>www.runtimesoftware.com

Other Threads