Putting the application into the systray

Help!
Is there someone out there knowing how to put a application into the
systray in Win95
(Like the speaker icon, or similar).

I don't want my application to take up space in the application bar,
because it's not in use often, but have to stay loaded all the time.

Please Help

Alexander  Eid
a...@sn.no

Re:Putting the application into the systray

Alexander Eid wrote:

> Help!
> Is there someone out there knowing how to put a application into the
> systray in Win95
> (Like the speaker icon, or similar).

> I don't want my application to take up space in the application bar,
> because it's not in use often, but have to stay loaded all the time.

> Please Help

> Alexander  Eid
> a...@sn.noI haven't tried it but, the book Delphi Developer incudes a section on

using the tray.  It seems to be more involved than one would think.

Wsw

Re:Putting the application into the systray

Alexander,
      Try going to the "www.delphi32.com/apps/dwin95.html" site which is
the Win 95
Components section of"The Delphi Information Connection" site.  There you
will find two
components which do what your looking for.  One is shareware (Animated
TrayIcon VCL)
while the other is freeware (TrayIcon).  Take a good! look at the sample
code for
Animated TrayIcon VCL component as it provides some insight on how to get
the TaskBar
button to not show up in both Win 3.11 and Win 95.

Hope this helps you out!
--
Rod Geraghty (:>)
GERA-Tech

Alexander Eid <a...@sn.no> wrote in article
<01bc1d5a$6879b4c0$e708f8c2@alex>...

> Help!
> Is there someone out there knowing how to put a application into the
> systray in Win95
> (Like the speaker icon, or similar).

> I don't want my application to take up space in the application bar,
> because it's not in use often, but have to stay loaded all the time.

> Please Help

> Alexander  Eid
> a...@sn.no

Other Threads