Where can I find a component to view richtext with tables?

Yuriy Zaharov (St. Petersburg, Russia)
http://www.yurassic.da.ru

Re:Where can I find a component to view richtext with tables?

Yuriy,

What do you need?

You can read and save RichText with the standard TQuery and TTable. Just set
the FieldType to some kind of Blob, and stream it into it, or stream out.

Most of the times you get a string, and you put that string into your
RichText.

However, you could look at RichEdit98, it is a good component, that you can
link to your database. You can find it at Delphi Super Page.

Sincerely,

Fred Jansma.

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998 23:05:12 +0100, you wrote:
>You can read and save RichText with the standard TQuery and TTable. Just set
>the FieldType to some kind of Blob, and stream it into it, or stream out.

I didn't mean to read and save RichText from TQuery or TTable. I mean
to view *.rtf files with tables in it.

Sorry for my english.
Yuriy Zaharov (St. Petersburg, Russia)
http://www.yurassic.da.ru

Re:Where can I find a component to view richtext with tables?

Sorry,

I am assuming you mean the nice tables Word gives and not database-tables. I
think, if you want to view database-tables in an RTF, you have to do it
yourself.

If you mean other tables, take a look at RichEdit98 on DSP. That component
has the potential to be able to do it. But, I have not tested it, just seen
the code.

Sincerely,

Fred Jansma.

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998 01:26:20 +0100, you wrote:
>If you mean other tables, take a look at RichEdit98 on DSP. That component
>has the potential to be able to do it. But, I have not tested it, just seen
>the code.

Unfortunately it can view only OLE Objects and it can't view tables,
as all other components that I found.
Yuriy Zaharov (St. Petersburg, Russia)
http://www.yurassic.da.ru

Other Threads