Piggy Back, Include Files

I just want to let everyone know that I have written a Delphi Tool that some of
you may find useful.

Piggy Back for Delphi is a powerful tool designed for Delphi programmers who
want to find a way to INCLUDE external programmes & files into their own source
code.

The programme came about when I was looking for a way to create my own self
extracting installation programmes.  What I wanted was a way in which I could
take half a dozen different files and actually dump them as raw data into a
Delphi .Pas unit file.  I could then just simply create a programme that would
save them back to the users hard disk.

Using Piggy Back you can now create you own executable that actually contains
any files that you want.  These files can then be saved from your programme to
any HD etc..

Visit http://Kaboom.JSP.net to download a copy.

Re:Piggy Back, Include Files

Hello,

There is a component called TBinaryFile that does that for you. You'll find it at

http://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/www/mirror/delphi/search.htm

The source I wrote works for D1-D4.

Greetings ADRIAN

JacksBit schrieb:

> I just want to let everyone know that I have written a Delphi Tool that some of
> you may find useful.

> Piggy Back for Delphi is a powerful tool designed for Delphi programmers who
> want to find a way to INCLUDE external programmes & files into their own source
> code.

> The programme came about when I was looking for a way to create my own self
> extracting installation programmes.  What I wanted was a way in which I could
> take half a dozen different files and actually dump them as raw data into a
> Delphi .Pas unit file.  I could then just simply create a programme that would
> save them back to the users hard disk.

> Using Piggy Back you can now create you own executable that actually contains
> any files that you want.  These files can then be saved from your programme to
> any HD etc..

> Visit http://Kaboom.JSP.net to download a copy.

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:Piggy Back, Include Files

Hi,

There is a component called ResourceInline that does this too.

http://www.high-logic.com/delphi.html

There is also a component that changes you form into a non-rectangluar Form.
Free tool RegionMaker is available too. It will automatically generate
regions for your own use. If you want to make your own SplashScreen you
should download it at:

http://www.high-logic.com/download.html

Regards, Erwin

Other Threads