Shared databases on a shared local drive problem

Hi !

I have 2 PC's and a NT server. My application needs to access data from
databases on the server. I am able to do this from both PC's. If PC1 is
editing a database, PC2 can't (and the other way around). To do this I've
directed the Session.NetFileDir to the same location for both PC's.

This all works fine.

Now, I would like to do the same thing, except the location of the databases
is not on server but on a shared (read/write access) local drive of one of
the 2 PC's. The Session.NetFileDir path point to the same location for both
PC's.

This doesn't work. If I edit a dbase in PC1, PC2 doesn't seem to know about
the writelock I put on it with PC1. I have tried to erase the PDOXUSRS.NET
file and then start up the application on PC1. The same thing for PC2. What
I see is that the PDOXUSRS.NET file is created in both cases, so I know I've
got the right path.

What could be the problem here ?

Thanks a lot,

Roy

Re:Shared databases on a shared local drive problem

Hi,

Use these borland directions:
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/ti/TI247B.html

All should work fine if you follow them strictly.

Regards,
  Erwin

"Roy Rutten" <remove.no.junkmail.roy.rut...@xarmac.nl> wrote in message

> Hi !

> I have 2 PC's and a NT server. My application needs to access data from
> databases on the server. I am able to do this from both PC's. If PC1 is
> editing a database, PC2 can't (and the other way around). To do this I've
> directed the Session.NetFileDir to the same location for both PC's.

> This all works fine.

> Now, I would like to do the same thing, except the location of the
databases
> is not on server but on a shared (read/write access) local drive of one of
> the 2 PC's. The Session.NetFileDir path point to the same location for
both
> PC's.

> This doesn't work. If I edit a dbase in PC1, PC2 doesn't seem to know
about
> the writelock I put on it with PC1. I have tried to erase the PDOXUSRS.NET
> file and then start up the application on PC1. The same thing for PC2.
What
> I see is that the PDOXUSRS.NET file is created in both cases, so I know
I've
> got the right path.

> What could be the problem here ?

> Thanks a lot,