TQuery is Case Sensitive on Paradox

Dumb question??
My  TQuery will only return exact string matches.
Select * from Name where Name.fname='Steve'

records with steve will not be returned.
I can't see any way to change this.
Using Access this same statement works fine.
help

Thanks,
Steve

Re:TQuery is Case Sensitive on Paradox

Steve Stone wrote:

> Dumb question??
> My  TQuery will only return exact string matches.
> Select * from Name where Name.fname='Steve'

> records with steve will not be returned.
> I can't see any way to change this.
> Using Access this same statement works fine.
> help

> Thanks,
> Steve

Try

Select *
from Name
where (UpperCase(Name.fname) = Uppercase('Steve'))

Re:TQuery is Case Sensitive on Paradox

I get a DBE error  "Capability not supported"

I'm open to any other ideas

Thanks

Steve

Timothy J. Kelly wrote:
> Steve Stone wrote:

> > Dumb question??
> > My  TQuery will only return exact string matches.
> > Select * from Name where Name.fname='Steve'

> > records with steve will not be returned.
> > I can't see any way to change this.
> > Using Access this same statement works fine.
> > help

> > Thanks,
> > Steve
> Try

> Select *
> from Name
> where (UpperCase(Name.fname) = Uppercase('Steve'))

Re:TQuery is Case Sensitive on Paradox

> Timothy J. Kelly wrote:
> > Try

> > Select *
> > from Name
> > where (UpperCase(Name.fname) = Uppercase('Steve'))

I believe the correct syntax is
  SELECT * FROM NAME WHERE UPPER(Name.FName) = "STEVE"
"Uppercase" is the Delphi Pascal version.

Re:TQuery is Case Sensitive on Paradox

Thumb question indeed; use LIKE or UPPER

Koen.

Steve Stone wrote:
> Dumb question??
> My  TQuery will only return exact string matches.
> Select * from Name where Name.fname='Steve'

> records with steve will not be returned.
> I can't see any way to change this.
> Using Access this same statement works fine.
> help

> Thanks,
> Steve

Other Threads