Error Reading Symbol Table

I get the "error reading symbol table" every time when I open a
certain project, but it seems to compile and run OK.  Anyone have
any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it?  There is one
unit that never seems to be in the list and always has to be
readded to be edited.  If I compile without readding, that unit is
included, however.
cwbut...@vixa.voyager.net

Re:Error Reading Symbol Table

CW Butler wrote:

> I get the "error reading symbol table" every time when I open a
> certain project, but it seems to compile and run OK.  Anyone have
> any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it?  There is one
> unit that never seems to be in the list and always has to be
> readded to be edited.  If I compile without readding, that unit is
> included, however.
> cwbut...@vixa.voyager.netI think it's a problem of converting executables from D1 to D2. You have to open a new project and

insert the old *.pas-file. If you recompile the file the problem should no longer exist.
Hope that's it
Roland
Institut fuer Textkritik e. V.              c...@ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Roland Reu?                                 Fon +49 (6221) 80 42 17
Klingenweg 13                               Fax +49 (6221) 89 28 69
69118 Heidelberg

CW Butler wrote:

> I get the "error reading symbol table" every time when I open a
> certain project, but it seems to compile and run OK.  Anyone have
> any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it?  There is one
> unit that never seems to be in the list and always has to be
> readded to be edited.  If I compile without readding, that unit is
> included, however.
> cwbut...@vixa.voyager.netThe easiest way to get rid of this problem is to delete *.opt, *.dsm

and *.dsk in the project directory. Not very neat but works every time
and you don't need to backtrack your work...

        /Lars

Other Threads