ACCESS VIOLATION - Cached Updates - TUpdateSql - MEMO

I want to use a TQuery in cached Update mode with a TUpdateSQL object to
Edit my tables.

The DataBase server is Interbase.
When I Append a new record with an empty/Null MEMO field, there is an
access violation.

Try with the Project table of the demo Alias IBLocal. Open it with a
Query in CachedUpdate mode, add a TUpdateSQL, append a new record with an
empty memo field, you got the access violation.

This was working Ok in Delphi 3 but never in Delphi 4. I already Patched
Delphi 4 with the update pack#1 dated August 12.

Thanks for your answers
Dominique

Re:ACCESS VIOLATION - Cached Updates - TUpdateSql - MEMO

This is a bug and should be fixed in DELPHI update 2.

T.Ramesh.

Dominique Van Roie wrote:
> I want to use a TQuery in cached Update mode with a TUpdateSQL object to
> Edit my tables.

> The DataBase server is Interbase.
> When I Append a new record with an empty/Null MEMO field, there is an
> access violation.

> Try with the Project table of the demo Alias IBLocal. Open it with a
> Query in CachedUpdate mode, add a TUpdateSQL, append a new record with an
> empty memo field, you got the access violation.

> This was working Ok in Delphi 3 but never in Delphi 4. I already Patched
> Delphi 4 with the update pack#1 dated August 12.

> Thanks for your answers
> Dominique

Other Threads