delphi 4 - Installation problem

I have a problem using Delphi 4 which I hope someone out there can help me
with.   When I compile a program I get the error message "De{*word*81}/Kernel
BORDBK40.DLL missing or not registered"   The files are on my hard disk
(twice in fact) but it appears that they are not being registered by the
installation program.   I have tried Borland for help but they claim they
need to be payed as the problem is not an installation one (ie it shows up
during compilation).   I have tried all installation options ( including
just the registery settings) and the patch from the Borland web-site.
Can anyone help?