I can't edit table where I join two table (SQL 6.5)

Greeting ,
  I use Delphi 3 C/S to design my program (MS-SQL 6.5)
when I join two table , EX:

    (Standard SQL)
    SELECT C.CarryTypeID, C.SenderID, C.Type, S.Name
      FROM CarryType C,Sender S WHERE S.SenderID = C.SenderID

   (ANSI-SQL)

SELECT CarryType.*, Sender.Name
FROM CarryType INNER JOIN Sender ON CarryType.SenderID = Sender.SenderID;

 I can't to Insert ,Modify,Delete table
 does anybody can tell me why ?    Thank you .

Re:I can't edit table where I join two table (SQL 6.5)

The why is due to the fact that the result sets from a Join are treated as Read
only.  Unfortunately this is a rule that can't really be broken.

Other Threads