Video Capture Card

The fact that I'm somewhat new to Delphi is my excuse for asking this
stupid question:

How do I get still pictures out of my capture card? The driver
(bt848.dll/bt848.vxd) is registered in windows and I assume the solution
is either to use TMediaplayer in a cunning way or to know how to call
the .dll.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re:Video Capture Card

Hi,
Download the trial version of the CapturePRO control:
http://www.pegasustools.com/products/capture/index.html
Hope this helps,
jack
  http://www.pegasustools.com/ - Pegasus - BETTER DIGITAL IMAGING!
   Check out the Pegasus {*word*272} Tools: http://www.jpg.com/{*word*272}/
Julian Grant wrote:

> The fact that I'm somewhat new to Delphi is my excuse for asking this
> stupid question:

> How do I get still pictures out of my capture card? The driver
> (bt848.dll/bt848.vxd) is registered in windows and I assume the solution
> is either to use TMediaplayer in a cunning way or to know how to call
> the .dll.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re:Video Capture Card

Thanks for that Jack, they are good (trial) programs that do exactly what I
want to do and more but I'm actually trying to figure out how to get the
images (or record to a file) from within a Delphi program without paying for
someone else's Activex control.

I've been looking at the Delphi help files and I have found the following:

TMPDeviceTypes = (dtAutoSelect, dtAVIVideo, dtCDAudio, dtDAT, dtDigitalVideo,
dtMMMovie, dtOther, dtOverlay, dtScanner, dtSequencer, dtVCR, dtVideodisc,
dtWaveAudio);
property DeviceType: TMPDeviceTypes;

Description

DeviceType specifies a multimedia device type to open with the Open method.
TMPDeviceTypes type contains the multimedia device types that can be opened by
a TMediaPlayer component. The valid values for TMPDeviceTypes are
dtAutoSelect, dtAVIVideo, dtCDAudio, dtDAT, dtDigitalVideo, dtMMMovie,
dtOther, dtOverlay, dtScanner, dtSequencer, dtVCR, dtVideodisc, or
dtWaveAudio. The default is dtAutoSelect.
If DeviceType is dtAutoSelect, the device type is determined by the file
extension specified in the FileName property. If no device type is associated
with the extension, the correct device type must be explicitly specified by
setting DeviceType to a value other than dtAutoSelect.

A multimedia device is typically associated with an appropriate file-name
extension when the device is installed. Associations are specified in the
registry or SYSTEM.INI file. See the documentation for the specific device for
instructions about how to associate file-name extensions with the device.

My big question is what kind of device is a capture card? -and what do I do
when I want to record from the blighter?!