Urgent Help!-locked paradox tables, can't unlock

I have a problem with Paradox.  I have a system running on a microsoft
network looking at paradox tables.  There are 2 machines, one holds the
tables and the exe, the other runs the exe over the network and sees the
tables the same.  This works perfectly most of the time.  This morning,
a table got corrupted because of the machine crashing.  I repaired the
table, downloaded it using Reachout 6 repaired it then sent it back.
While I was still connected to the host machine I checked to see if the
system was able to see the tables OK, using Reachout's viewer.  No
problem.  15 mins later I get a phone call saying they can't see the
repaired tables from the other machine(the one that hasn't got the exe
and the tables).  I checked to see if the one that does have the tables
could see it. It couldn't,  the tables seemed to be locked.  But only the
ones that I'd just downloaded.  I thought it might be the pdoxusrs.net
file, deleted it, still didn't work.  Restarted the machine, to unloack
any files thay may be locked, no joy.

I'm a bit stumped now,  I'm not 100% sure how the BDE deals with paradox
tables, so when a problem like this occurs I can't always fix it.
Another problem is that the client is about 45 miles away so I'm using
Reachout 6 to work remotely.  This new version of Reachout seems to have
bugs in it, for example, it reports that it is not able to copy files
to/from the host/viewer side because they are in use, when I know for a
fact, they aren't.

I would really appreciate any help, as soon as possible hopefully.

Thanks
Carl.
  ____   cack 'anded Bob - "I hardly touched it, it just broke !"
 /    \         Carl Jones, Chorley, Lancashire, England.
M (.)(.)             mailto:carljo...@geocities.com
(   __)          http://www.geocities.com/timessquare/7939
|  /___\
 \ \___/ ---------------------------------------------------------
 Homer - 'Mmmmm, free goo !'

Re:Urgent Help!-locked paradox tables, can't unlock

You might try and delete the *.lck files located in the directory where the
tables are.  This should eliminate any locks.

Hope this helps.

Dean

Carl Jones <ca...@pcrsys.airtime.co.uk> wrote in article
<32653B3A.4...@pcrsys.airtime.co.uk>...

> I have a problem with Paradox.  I have a system running on a microsoft
> network looking at paradox tables.  There are 2 machines, one holds the
> tables and the exe, the other runs the exe over the network and sees the
> tables the same.  This works perfectly most of the time.  This morning,
> a table got corrupted because of the machine crashing.  I repaired the
> table, downloaded it using Reachout 6 repaired it then sent it back.
> While I was still connected to the host machine I checked to see if the
> system was able to see the tables OK, using Reachout's viewer.  No
> problem.  15 mins later I get a phone call saying they can't see the
> repaired tables from the other machine(the one that hasn't got the exe
> and the tables).  I checked to see if the one that does have the tables
> could see it. It couldn't,  the tables seemed to be locked.  But only the
> ones that I'd just downloaded.  I thought it might be the pdoxusrs.net
> file, deleted it, still didn't work.  Restarted the machine, to unloack
> any files thay may be locked, no joy.

> I'm a bit stumped now,  I'm not 100% sure how the BDE deals with paradox
> tables, so when a problem like this occurs I can't always fix it.
> Another problem is that the client is about 45 miles away so I'm using
> Reachout 6 to work remotely.  This new version of Reachout seems to have
> bugs in it, for example, it reports that it is not able to copy files
> to/from the host/viewer side because they are in use, when I know for a
> fact, they aren't.

> I would really appreciate any help, as soon as possible hopefully.

> Thanks
> Carl.
> --
>   ____   cack 'anded Bob - "I hardly touched it, it just broke !"
>  /    \         Carl Jones, Chorley, Lancashire, England.
> |      |            mailto:ca...@pcrsys.airtime.co.uk
> M (.)(.)             mailto:carljo...@geocities.com
> (   __)          http://www.geocities.com/timessquare/7939
> |  /___\
>  Homer - 'Mmmmm, free goo !'

Re:Urgent Help!-locked paradox tables, can't unlock

Actually search the whole damn drive and eliminate all Pdoxusrs.lck files.
The engine seems to create them in the oddest of places at times. This
problem goes way back and multiple lck and net files crop up and create
trouble every once and a while through regular use.

Nick Hancock
Charleston Financial Services

Other Threads