Continued crashes with D4 and Win 98

I am continuing to experience system lock ups with Delphi 4 (SP3) and Win 98
when I use the integrated de{*word*81}.  I have followed advice provided in
earlier threads in this newsgroup, but the problem persists.  When I
encounter a breakpoint, as soon as I either tooltip examine a variable, or
step over a line, the entire system hangs.  Only physically turning off the
power to the PC allows me to escape this.  Can someone please help, I really
need to be able to debug my application.  Thanks.

Re:Continued crashes with D4 and Win 98

HI Mark,
Exactly what advice have you tried so far? Hardware acceleration off?
New video drivers?
..Corbin

--
Corbin Dunn
Delphi Developer Support

Re:Continued crashes with D4 and Win 98

All of the advice on changing color depth; reducing components on the
palette; updating both my display adapter driver and Direct X drivers;
adding the 'throttle' piece at the end of the WIN.INI file; reducing
hardware acceleration.  This system has been working with D4 perfectly until
I went to Win 98.  I have tried a full reinstallation of the operating
system and Delphi. Thanks.

Corbin [borland.com] wrote in message <3702A386.118F0...@borland.com>...
>HI Mark,
>Exactly what advice have you tried so far? Hardware acceleration off?
>New video drivers?
>..Corbin

>Mark Cross wrote:

>> I am continuing to experience system lock ups with Delphi 4 (SP3) and Win
98
>> when I use the integrated de{*word*81}.  I have followed advice provided in
>> earlier threads in this newsgroup, but the problem persists.  When I
>> encounter a breakpoint, as soon as I either tooltip examine a variable,
or
>> step over a line, the entire system hangs.  Only physically turning off
the
>> power to the PC allows me to escape this.  Can someone please help, I
really
>> need to be able to debug my application.  Thanks.

>--
>Corbin Dunn
>Delphi Developer Support
>www.borland.com
>(I do not respond to support questions by e-mail)

Other Threads