Delphi 4 installation question

I just bought Delphi 4 Standard, on CDROM.

I installed it with all the defaults.

I re-booted.

I tried to run it, and got error dialog box:

"Icon image is not valid"

... and it won't put the Form1 on the screen.

I obtained the d4supd1.exe Service Pack 1
and installed it.

Same problem.

Please, can somebody help me?

I have a Micron Millennia 200MHz Pentium
w/ 64Meg RAM
and Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro w/S3 Virge DX 4M video

Does Delphi not run on this machine?

Re:Delphi 4 installation question

re-post.

any information anyone has would be much appreciated.

Inprise won't answer my phone calls or e-mail.

In article <70rg2s$n6...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

  netn...@altavista.net wrote:

> I just bought Delphi 4 Standard, on CDROM.

> I installed it with all the defaults.

> I re-booted.

> I tried to run it, and got error dialog box:

> "Icon image is not valid"

> ... and it won't put the Form1 on the screen.

> I obtained the d4supd1.exe Service Pack 1
> and installed it.

> Same problem.

> Please, can somebody help me?

> I have a Micron Millennia 200MHz Pentium
> w/ 64Meg RAM
> and Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro w/S3 Virge DX 4M video

> Does Delphi not run on this machine?

Re:Delphi 4 installation question

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 02:55:12 GMT, netn...@altavista.net wrote:

[snip]

>> I just bought Delphi 4 Standard, on CDROM.

>> I installed it with all the defaults.

>> I re-booted.

>> I tried to run it, and got error dialog box:

>> "Icon image is not valid"

>> ... and it won't put the Form1 on the screen.

>> I obtained the d4supd1.exe Service Pack 1
>> and installed it.

>> Same problem.

>> Please, can somebody help me?

>> I have a Micron Millennia 200MHz Pentium
>> w/ 64Meg RAM
>> and Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro w/S3 Virge DX 4M video

AFAIK there is a problem with Delphi 4 and S3 Videocards. Try to get
the newest drivers.

Bye,
Georg

--
Georg Stegmueller
email: gs...@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at

Re:Delphi 4 installation question

Here is what I have tried so far:

1) installed D4SUPD1.
2) completely un-installed, removed all directories
   and registry entries, re-installed.
3) installed latest driver from www.s3.com web site
4) turned off all hardware acceleration
5) changed video modes
6) booted in safe mode
7) removed all auto-start programs

absolutely nothing helps.

Is there anybody else out there who has ever
even HEARD of this problem?  The IDE is
completely UNUSABLE.  (I can use the
command-line compiler to generate
console-mode apps, but that's not what