Cannot connect to Oracle server from ReportSmith 3.0

Hello, there:

  I can see the tables of my Oracle server from ReportSmith 3.0
if I set the datasource type to Delphi and call ReportSmith from
Report component in Delphi. But if I start up ReportSmith alone
and set the type to Oracle, I got a "Unable to find Database Access
DLL" message, anyone knows what DLL that means?
  The menual said I can connect to Oracle server via "Native" method
if I have the "Middleware" provided by Oracle. Does the "Middleware"
mean the SQL*Net, or I need something else?
  Any help will be great appriciated.
  Regards.

>>>===----------------------------===----------------------------===<<<
>>>=              Life is a process, not an event...               =<<<
>>>===----------------------------===----------------------------===<<<

Re:Cannot connect to Oracle server from ReportSmith 3.0

In article <31D054BD.7...@ms1.hinet.net>, Lovely Ghost <gh...@ms1.hinet.net> wrote:
>Hello, there:

>  I can see the tables of my Oracle server from ReportSmith 3.0
>if I set the datasource type to Delphi and call ReportSmith from
>Report component in Delphi. But if I start up ReportSmith alone
>and set the type to Oracle, I got a "Unable to find Database Access
>DLL" message, anyone knows what DLL that means?
>  The menual said I can connect to Oracle server via "Native" method
>if I have the "Middleware" provided by Oracle. Does the "Middleware"
>mean the SQL*Net, or I need something else?
>  Any help will be great appriciated.
>  Regards.

I have been having the same problems.  I have used a Oracle ODBC testing
program to determine that it is not the ODBC driber that is causing the
problem.
The only thing I can think of is that it must be the way the BDE has the ODBC
driver setup.

my settings in the BDE is:

Version: 3.0
Type: Server
DLL: IDODBC01.DLL
DLL32: IDODBC32.DLL
ODBC Driber: Oracle72
Driver Flags:
Fatabase Name:
User Name:
ODBC DSN: Insurance
Open Mode: Read/Write
Schema Cache Size: 8
SQL QRYMode:
LangDriver:
SQLPassThruMode: Shared AutoCommit
Enabled Schema cache: false
Schema cache dir:

If anyone has any idea what the problem is I would appriciate any suggestions.
By the way the same setup works fine in 16bit Delphi/Oracle.

Thanks
Robert Milmine
DMA Software Engineering

Other Threads