Multiple *.NET FILES PDOXUSRS.LCK

To whom it may concern,

Can anyone suggestion how I should handle the error message:

Multiple *.NET Files PDOXUSRS.LCK

This is my first attempt at using a Paradox 4.0 table in a multi-user
environment.  I keep getting the above error message whenever more than
one user tries to access the table.  Any helpful hints/suggestions would
 be welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Cornelius
E-MAIL: scornel...@paccar.com

Re:Multiple *.NET FILES PDOXUSRS.LCK

Steve Cornelius wrote:

> To whom it may concern,

> Can anyone suggestion how I should handle the error message:

> Multiple *.NET Files PDOXUSRS.LCK

> This is my first attempt at using a Paradox 4.0 table in a multi-user
> environment.  I keep getting the above error message whenever more than
> one user tries to access the table.  Any helpful hints/suggestions would
>  be welcomed.

> Thanks in advance,

> Steve Cornelius
> E-MAIL: scornel...@paccar.com

Make sure all IDAPI config file ( IDAPI.CFG ) have the NET DIR parametre
of your Paradox driver set to the same directory ( shared ).

There is an excellent article in DELPHI Informant ( february 1997 ) that
details all there is to know about BDE configuration, you should get a
hold of it.

hope this helps
regards, Bernard

Bernard Hamaoui <pros...@generation.net> wrote:
>Steve Cornelius wrote:

>> To whom it may concern,

>> Can anyone suggestion how I should handle the error message:

>> Multiple *.NET Files PDOXUSRS.LCK

[snip]

The Delphi FAQ section 2.3.4.4 deals with this problem.

- Mats

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Argue for your limitations                      Mats Andersson
and you can be sure to keep them                Jakobstad
                Donald Shimoda                  FINLAND 967-7236 105

The Delphi FAQ is at http://proxy.sbrain.syh.fi/delphi/delphi_faq.html

Steve Cornelius wrote:

> To whom it may concern,

> Can anyone suggestion how I should handle the error message:

> Multiple *.NET Files PDOXUSRS.LCK

> Steve Cornelius
> E-MAIL: scornel...@paccar.com

In the BDE Configuration program, there is a field called NET DIR.
This  contains a directory where the PDOXUSRS.NET file is located.  This
file is used to manage multi-instance access to your files.  All users
should  have that parameter look at the EXACT same directory on the
network.  If they don't, you get the above error message.

Marc Charron
Unicate Network Inc.

Re:Multiple *.NET FILES PDOXUSRS.LCK

> > Can anyone suggestion how I should handle the error message:
> > Multiple *.NET Files PDOXUSRS.LCK

> In the BDE Configuration program, there is a field called NET DIR.
> This  contains a directory where the PDOXUSRS.NET file is located.  This
> file is used to manage multi-instance access to your files.  All users
> should  have that parameter look at the EXACT same directory on the
> network.  If they don't, you get the above error message.

The above only function if you just want to look the tables in a
network, if you want updates work properly you should use the following
in the code before open the tables:
        Session.netFileDir := 'PathToDriveInWhereTheTables'
and all updates in the net starts work fine.

        Sergio Kessler

Other Threads