database utility components needed

I'm in need of components that backup, restore, and repair paradox tables
(that work) for D3 Pro.  If you know where I can get them, please e-mail me.

Thanks,
dianne

"nospam"dia...@pcsonline.com
remove the "nospam" for e-mail address.

Re:database utility components needed

Dianne Ice wrote:

> I'm in need of components that backup, restore, and repair paradox tables
> (that work) for D3 Pro.  If you know where I can get them, please e-mail me.

We are very close to release of a set of Delphi components that will
verify and repair Paradox tables many times faster than anything
TUtility ever did.

(I'm talking about verifying the contents of a 30,000 record table, or
any one of its primary -or secondary- indexes, in four seconds flat, no
matter how many fields are included in that index.  We're talking
Serious Speed here!)  :->

This component-set is part of the ChimneySweep? 3.0 Professional release
which is going to beta-test very soon.  Anyone with large,
heavily-indexed, or other problem tables, and especially people who use
non-American character sets, who would be interested in participating in
beta-test should e-mail us at "b...@sundialservices.com."

Re:database utility components needed

Re:database utility components needed

dianne,

Logic Process sells a product called the SelfCheck Data Maintenance
API -- a set of Object Pascal routines that form a wrapper around
Inprise's table maintenance DLLs (TUTILITY.DLL and TUTIL32.DLL). This
API comes with full source and will allow you to integrate table
maintenance into your oen 16-bit (Delphi 1) or 32-bit (Delphi 2 or 3)
applications. These apps developed with the API can then be
distributed royalty-free.

The companion product -- the DataSentry Data Maintenance Utility -- is
a standalone Paradox table maintenance app that runs on Win95/98 and
Win NT4 systems. It provides table check/repair capabilities as well
as many other handy operations. It is a great tool for any database
developer working with Paradox tables.

If you are interested, you can download a free full-featured trial
version of DataSentry/SelfCheck API from http://www.logicprocess.com.

Hope this helps.

Jim McCullin
Logic Process Corporation
sa...@logicprocess.com
http://www.logicprocess.com

On Fri, 3 Jul 1998 09:20:07 -0400, "Dianne Ice" <dia...@pcsonline.com>
wrote:

>I'm in need of components that backup, restore, and repair paradox tables
>(that work) for D3 Pro.  If you know where I can get them, please e-mail me.

>Thanks,
>dianne

>"nospam"dia...@pcsonline.com
>remove the "nospam" for e-mail address.