Board index » delphi » QUESTION: BDE16 and BDE32 co-existance

QUESTION: BDE16 and BDE32 co-existance

We install our program as follows: the paradox tables are on the server
and each workstation has the exe files. We set the "Net Dir" on all the
machines using the 32 bit BDEAdmin to "x:\NetDir" and make sure they all
have local share set to true. Run the program and it works. Go to the
next workstation and set it up.
This works fine for 4 computers. The 5th computer has some other program
using the 16 bit version of the BDE. So we open up the 16 bit BDECfg
program and it's "Net dir" is currently "c:\". Ok so we change it to
"x:\NetDir" and make sure its local share is set to true? But when we
run the program it reports that our directories on the server are
controlled by a different net file. So I closed down all the computers
and removed the net and lck files from everywhere. Then I ran the 5th
computer and it goes into the program just fine, but creates the
PDOXUSRS.NET file on its "c:\" even though we change it in BDECfg to
"x:\net dir". How can it ignore the fact that we told it "x:\netdir"?
Also why doesn't the Configuration/Drivers/Native/Paradox show up in the
32 bit BDEAdmin program if they already have the 16 bit BDE, when
another programmer here has both installed on his machine and it does
show up. Is it a matter of which is installed first?

Daniel Raith
srdan...@hotmail.com

 

Re:QUESTION: BDE16 and BDE32 co-existance


Quote
>Then I ran the 5th
>computer and it goes into the program just fine, but creates the
>PDOXUSRS.NET file on its "c:\" even though we change it in BDECfg to
>"x:\net dir". How can it ignore the fact that we told it "x:\netdir"?

What is this application based on?   Delphi apps can set the network control
directory in Code thus ignoring the config file setting

Quote
>Also why doesn't the Configuration/Drivers/Native/Paradox show up in the
>32 bit BDEAdmin program if they already have the 16 bit BDE, when

The installation must be missing a .dll if the Paradox driver isn't showing up
in BDE Admin
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:QUESTION: BDE16 and BDE32 co-existance


Quote
Brian Bushay TeamB wrote:
> >Then I ran the 5th
> >computer and it goes into the program just fine, but creates the
> >PDOXUSRS.NET file on its "c:\" even though we change it in BDECfg to
> >"x:\net dir". How can it ignore the fact that we told it "x:\netdir"?

> What is this application based on?   Delphi apps can set the network control
> directory in Code thus ignoring the config file setting

If I understand this question right, yes the application is written in Delphi, and
I never understood how the CFG file and the TSession.NetFileDir property
interacte. Am I assuming correctly that the TSession.NetFileDir overrides the CFG
file settings?

Quote
> >Also why doesn't the Configuration/Drivers/Native/Paradox show up in the
> >32 bit BDEAdmin program if they already have the 16 bit BDE, when

> The installation must be missing a .dll if the Paradox driver isn't showing up
> in BDE Admin
> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

The same disks were used on all five computers, and only the computer with the 16
bit BDE didn't have any Native Drivers. I want to say that we incountered this
once before (with a different customer) and they also did not have any Native
Drivers. But they person who installed never did report any problems with the
pdoxusrs.net file being created in a directory other than what the CFG setting
was.

Daniel Raith
srdan...@hotmail.com

Re:QUESTION: BDE16 and BDE32 co-existance


Quote
>f I understand this question right, yes the application is written in Delphi, and
>I never understood how the CFG file and the TSession.NetFileDir property
>interacte. Am I assuming correctly that the TSession.NetFileDir overrides the CFG
>file settings?

Yes when you set the netfile location from delphi it overrides the config file
setting.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Other Threads