Newbie wants to expose methods, events and properties in DB app

I have a medium sized database app and I want to expose some methods, events
and properties to another 3rd party app. What is the best way to do it?
Sorry for this *really* newbie question. I just need a: 'Go OLE automation'
or 'Go activeX.exe' or 'Go to hell :-)'. Links are welcome too!

Thanks,

Eduardo

Re:Newbie wants to expose methods, events and properties in DB app

One way is to simply add Automation objects to your current application.
Then it automatically becomes an EXE automation server once registered
correctly.

have fun
--
Binh Ly
http://www.techvanguards.com

Eduardo <aler...@bestway.com.br> wrote in message news:394945bd@dnews...
> I have a medium sized database app and I want to expose some methods,
events
> and properties to another 3rd party app. What is the best way to do it?
> Sorry for this *really* newbie question. I just need a: 'Go OLE
automation'
> or 'Go activeX.exe' or 'Go to hell :-)'. Links are welcome too!

> Thanks,

> Eduardo

Re:Newbie wants to expose methods, events and properties in DB app

I'll try it. Thanks!

Binh Ly <b...@castle.net> escreveu nas notcias de mensagem:39499bd7@dnews...

> One way is to simply add Automation objects to your current application.
> Then it automatically becomes an EXE automation server once registered
> correctly.

> have fun
> --
> Binh Ly
> http://www.techvanguards.com

> Eduardo <aler...@bestway.com.br> wrote in message news:394945bd@dnews...
> > I have a medium sized database app and I want to expose some methods,
> events
> > and properties to another 3rd party app. What is the best way to do it?
> > Sorry for this *really* newbie question. I just need a: 'Go OLE
> automation'
> > or 'Go activeX.exe' or 'Go to hell :-)'. Links are welcome too!

> > Thanks,

> > Eduardo

Re:Newbie wants to expose methods, events and properties in DB app

Hi, taking the folowing code from the Delphi help and doing the necessary
changes and running, I get a "Undeclared identifier 'OnEvent' "

------------
7 At the end of the Initialize method, assign an event to the event handler
you just created. For example,

procedure TMyAutoObject.Initialize;

begin
 inherited Initialize;
 FConnectionPoints:= TConnectionPoints.Create(Self);
 if AutoFactory.EventTypeInfo <> nil then
  FConnectionPoints.CreateConnectionPoint (AUtoFactory.EventIID,
   ckSingle, EventConnect);
 OnEvent = EventHandler;    { Assign an event to the event handler }
 end;

What is this OnEvent?

thanks,

Eduardo