pascal help, can anyone help me to learn pascal

--
|------------------------------------------------------|
| Colin Devonport    EMail col...@shildonx.demon.co.uk |
| visit my homepage:
           http//www.geopages.com/Athens/1109/         |

yeh

Re:pascal help, can anyone help me to learn pascal

Colin devonport (col...@shildonx.demon.co.uk) wrote:

: I am trying to learn how to program in pascal, i am finding it difficult
: because I cannot determine when I have just made a syntax error or typing
: errot, is anyone willing to help, ie look at my programs and tell me where
: ||i am going wrong
: --
: |------------------------------------------------------|
: | Colin Devonport    EMail col...@shildonx.demon.co.uk |
: | visit my homepage:
:            http//www.geopages.com/Athens/1109/         |
:                       |
: --------------------------------------------------------

Just post a couple of your programs right here!  Then you can get advice
from several people (one person's advice is not always the best way to
get help with programming)

-Sam McGrath

Re:pascal help, can anyone help me to learn pascal

Colin devonport <col...@shildonx.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>I am trying to learn how to program in pascal, i am finding it difficult
>because I cannot determine when I have just made a syntax error or typing
>errot, is anyone willing to help, ie look at my programs and tell me where

What compiler do you use? Chances are, it reports some sort of usable
error message when it encounters a problematic instruction in your code.
Since this is posted in c.l.p.borland, it should be reasonable to assume
you're using Turbo/Borland Pascal or Delphi--all of which have very
capable IDEs and debugging tools--so much so that the syntax catcher
almost writes the program for you.

A beginner's best friend is a list of the error codes and/or messages
for his compiler. <G>

As for looking over your code--unless it is a very simple or clear
problem, most people (myself included) will not take the time to debug
someone's 1000-line project looking for a generally unspecified bug.
Besides, half the fun (and 70% of the learning) is in debugging your own
code at 2:00 A.M. :-)

--
Robert B. Clark <rcl...@iquest.net>
"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  --L. Long

Other Threads