Connecting to Oracle server7 ($3E $7 - Vendor Initialization Failed)

I set up an Oracle database alias in BDE and when I clicked on + to open
the database I get $3e $7.  (Vendor Initialization Failed)

(Delphi 7 Trial version, Windows NT, Oracle8i Personal Edition Version
8.1.5.0.0 for MS Win NT)

What's up with that?
How can I evaluate Delphi 7 if I can't connect to Oracle?

Re:Connecting to Oracle server7 ($3E $7 - Vendor Initialization Failed)

I changed the DLLS to SQLORA8.DLL and OCI.DLL (providing the full path
to where it's installed in my Oracle folder).

Just like the BDE documentation says :-)

Other Threads