Viewing panels in design mode ?

Hello All,

I have a form which has ten panels on it, one on top of the other and so
on, they are hidden and only become visible in turn when the user does
certain things.

The problem is that when I am in design mode, only the last panel added
is visible, even when I select a different panel in the object inspector
- this makes making visual changes to the other panels difficult.

How can I have the panel I am currently working on visible ?

Thanks in advance for nay help you can offer.
Liam Healy

Re:Viewing panels in design mode ?

"L. Healy" <L.He...@occpsy.demon.co.uk> skrev i melding

> Hello All,

> I have a form which has ten panels on it, one on top of the other and so
> on, they are hidden and only become visible in turn when the user does
> certain things.

> The problem is that when I am in design mode, only the last panel added
> is visible, even when I select a different panel in the object inspector
> - this makes making visual changes to the other panels difficult.

> How can I have the panel I am currently working on visible ?

You may select "Brig to front" on popup menu to choose which one is covering
wich, but of course not when one panel has another as a parent. In this cace,
to get the panel selected in ObjectEditor, press 'Esc' to switch from the
control to its parent. Pressing 'Esc' more times finally gets you up to the
form.

--
Bjoerge Saether
Consultant / Developer

Re:Viewing panels in design mode ?

Maybe - right click on the top panel and select send to back

Realistically you would probably be better off with Tabbed Pages

One way of getting these is : File/New/Forms/Tabbed Pages

Another way is to add a TPageControl to a form, right click on it and
select New Page

If you want to 'lose' the Tabs at run time you can stick a Panel over
the top Tab bits.  A bit of a cludge - but one way of getting what you
want.

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001 22:34:02 +0100, "L. Healy"

In article <C27TLEAKjI76E...@occpsy.demon.co.uk>,
L.He...@occpsy.demon.co.uk says...
> Hello All,

> I have a form which has ten panels on it, one on top of the other and so
> on, they are hidden and only become visible in turn when the user does
> certain things.

> The problem is that when I am in design mode, only the last panel added
> is visible, even when I select a different panel in the object inspector
> - this makes making visual changes to the other panels difficult.

> How can I have the panel I am currently working on visible ?

> Thanks in advance for nay help you can offer.
> Liam Healy

Use a TNotebook (from the "Win3.1" category, but it's not really 16 bit
AFAIK). Then you can flip between pages as you like.

aaronl at consultant dot com

Other Threads