missing query, table name or procedure name???

Hi,

I've got a TClientDataSet object being connected to a dcom object and its
provider prvBringTheData - so I can populate the data set with a remote
servers' method.

This works fine in run time because I can put in the code a piece of code
that calls the remote method

cdsMyClientDataSet.Close;
dcomMydcomm.AppServer.bringTheData();
cdsMyClientDataSet.Open;

thus populating the data set with data. However, I want to edit the
DataSet's fields in design time using Fields editor in order to edit the
property flags. When I try to add all fields in the editor, i receive a
"Missing query, table name or procedure name" error and I am not allowed to
add the fields. I understand that it isn't possible because the method needs
to be called in order to populate the data set so I could edit the fields in
design time.

Where should I add what to make editing of the fields possible in design
time? Is there some event in the TClientDataSet where I should populate the
data set in order to be able to edit the fields also in the design time?

-desperadamente, Henry

Re:missing query, table name or procedure name???

Add the fields to the FieldDefs property at design time. This question
belongs in the datasnap newsgroup. Follups set to there.

--
Bill (TeamB)