I can't open an Excel file by SMImport component suite 1.35 or no other way...

Hello,

It's a long time since I'm trying to open an Excel chart by Delphi,
I've used several methods but in vain...

Recently I saw SMImport component suite 1.35 and downloaded its trial
version from http://www.interkonet.com/ it's specially designed for
reading excel files from Delphi but still I don't know how I can make
use of it.

If you have succesfully used it I should be very thankful if you tell
me about the steps I should take in order to read an Excel chart by
Delphi.

Thanks,
Ardavan.

Re:I can't open an Excel file by SMImport component suite 1.35 or no other way...

The easiest way is probably by using automation, but this requires MS Excel
to be installed on the PC.
See http://www.djpate.freeserve.co.uk/AutoExcl.htm.

"Ardavan" <ardavanyaz...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hello,

> It's a long time since I'm trying to open an Excel chart by Delphi,
> I've used several methods but in vain...

> Recently I saw SMImport component suite 1.35 and downloaded its trial
> version from http://www.interkonet.com/ it's specially designed for
> reading excel files from Delphi but still I don't know how I can make
> use of it.

> If you have succesfully used it I should be very thankful if you tell
> me about the steps I should take in order to read an Excel chart by
> Delphi.

> Thanks,
> Ardavan.

Re:I can't open an Excel file by SMImport component suite 1.35 or no other way...

SMImport suite doesn't allow to read charts from xls-workbook - you can read
data from any cell and load it in dataset, but for working with charts, you
must use some component which work with MS Excel thru OLE.

PS: what is http://www.interkonet.com? The latest SMImport you can download
only from my site...

--
With best regards, Mike Shkolnik
E-Mail: mshkol...@scalabium.com

Ardavan <ardavanyaz...@yahoo.com> ??? a
????:c6ed01a7.0111041000.17eec...@posting.google.com...

> Hello,

> It's a long time since I'm trying to open an Excel chart by Delphi,
> I've used several methods but in vain...

> Recently I saw SMImport component suite 1.35 and downloaded its trial
> version from http://www.interkonet.com/ it's specially designed for
> reading excel files from Delphi but still I don't know how I can make
> use of it.

> If you have succesfully used it I should be very thankful if you tell
> me about the steps I should take in order to read an Excel chart by
> Delphi.

> Thanks,
> Ardavan.

Other Threads