COM server, Running Object Table, NT and CGI

I have a session handler running on NT (so far not a service), this
registers a COM object in the running
object table. I now attempt to get this object through GetActiveObject from
a CGI program started throughj
IIS, but it fails. I realize this probably has to do with different
securities, but how do I solve the problem?
I have no problem accessing the object from a different (test) app running
under the same user "profile"

/Bj?rn

Re:COM server, Running Object Table, NT and CGI

Possibly the IIS anonymous user does not have permissions to activate your COM
object? Try modifying the user that IIS logs in as in Control Panel/Services.

I guess I wouldn't recommend running IIS permanently as System Administrator,
but if you set it up that way for testing at least you'll know what's going on
(you have to stop and restart IIS for the changes to take effect).

I hope that helps,

Steve

Bj?rn Lindell wrote:
> I have a session handler running on NT (so far not a service), this
> registers a COM object in the running
> object table. I now attempt to get this object through GetActiveObject from
> a CGI program started throughj
> IIS, but it fails. I realize this probably has to do with different
> securities, but how do I solve the problem?
> I have no problem accessing the object from a different (test) app running
> under the same user "profile"

> /Bj?rn

Re:COM server, Running Object Table, NT and CGI

The IIS has actually little to do with it, the solution turned out to be
that i needed some additional flags when registering in the ROT, and
the COM server needed a registry entry "Run As=Interactive User"

Steve Midgley wrote in message <34FC64A0.9715BED1@abomb_anti-spam.com>...
>Possibly the IIS anonymous user does not have permissions to activate your
COM
>object? Try modifying the user that IIS logs in as in Control
Panel/Services.

>I guess I wouldn't recommend running IIS permanently as System
Administrator,
>but if you set it up that way for testing at least you'll know what's going
on
>(you have to stop and restart IIS for the changes to take effect).

>I hope that helps,

>Steve

Other Threads