Is there a function in Indy which resolves &, &nbsp etc

I have HTML file which contains strings like

Is there a function in Indy or other package which gets rid of special
characters like
&amp1 and replaces them appropriately?

Thank you,
Eugene.

Re:Is there a function in Indy which resolves &amp;, &nbsp etc

"Eugene V. Goldberg [DA-SOFT.COM]" <egoldb...@da-soft.com> wrote in message

> Is there a function in Indy or other package which gets rid of special
> characters like &amp1 and replaces them appropriately?

In Indy 9, try StrHTMLDecode in IdStrings.pas.  It'll handle:

 &apos;
 &quot;
 &gt;
 &lt;
 &amp;

hth...

--
Don Siders [Team Indy]

Visit the Indy Home page for updated source, documentation, and
articles. (http://www.nevrona.com/indy)

Join the Indy Docs project! (http://www.nevrona.com/indy/teams/docs)

Re:Is there a function in Indy which resolves &amp;, &nbsp etc

I have 9_00_03 Beta and have no such a function in IdStrubgs...

Do i need to update Delphi6 with Indy 9? Is it released finally?

> I have 9_00_03 Beta and have no such a function in IdStrubgs...

There were a lot of revisions to 9.0.3-B after the release files on the
website were built.  They were available from our FTP server.  StrHTMLEncode
and StrHTMLDecode were added to the project in Feb 2002.  But I don't have
anything handy at the moment for the 9.0.3-B release date.

> Do i need to update Delphi6 with Indy 9? Is it released finally?

Indy 9.0.10 was released on July 10.  It is *not* a beta release.  I'd
recommend upgrading.  As with any piece of software, it's likely there are
additional bugs to be reported / fixed.

hth...