Include font in .EXE?

I have written apps that uses a specific font for text display.  However,
that font isn't included in the .EXE file once compiled so if it is run on
another system (without the font) the display is all screwed up.

Is there a way to include the font in the .EXE so that it can be properly
used on other systems?

Stephen LEAFS Legge
SLE...@cs.mun.ca
St. John's, NF Canada

Re:Include font in .EXE?

The only way to do this is to make the Text a graphic, which is
then imbedded.  If you want the main and changing text to be a
special font, then you need to distribute (and be licensed to)
the font file, they'd have to install it.

Best to just go with MS Sans Serif or a basic Truetype font.

Kevin

Re:Include font in .EXE?

"Kevin L. Kitchens" <k...@crl.com> writes:

>The only way to do this is to make the Text a graphic, which is
>then imbedded.  If you want the main and changing text to be a
>special font, then you need to distribute (and be licensed to)
>the font file, they'd have to install it.

  Isn't there a way to embed fonts with OLE2??? At least WinWord 6.0
does it with documents. I don't know how it works, I have just heard
that it works...

  Veikko Vaataja
  veikko.vaat...@abo.fi

Re:Include font in .EXE?

"Kevin L. Kitchens" <k...@crl.com> wrote:

>The only way to do this is to make the Text a graphic, which is
>then imbedded.  If you want the main and changing text to be a
>special font, then you need to distribute (and be licensed to)
>the font file, they'd have to install it.
>Best to just go with MS Sans Serif or a basic Truetype font.
>Kevin

Is not quite correct. You can't include TrueType fonts in an .EXE
file, but bitmap fonts is possible. Of cause, you have to check for
the license. I don't know how to do it, but I have seen applications
which did.

Other Threads