Paradox Question

Hi,

I am writing a database program using Parodox and Delphi 2.  Do I need to pack
the database or does Delphi do that automatically??  Sorry if this is a stupid
question.

thanks,
tony

Re:Paradox Question

In article <19971208142501.JAA02...@ladder01.news.aol.com> ttsanga...@aol.com (TTsangarak) writes:
>I am writing a database program using Parodox and Delphi 2.  Do I need to pack
>the database or does Delphi do that automatically??  Sorry if this is a stupid
>question.

A Paradox table is a self-maintaining structure that will recycle unused
blocks automatically.  Over the course of time, depending on your insert and
delete patterns, you may accumulate enough "barely filled blocks" to justify
repacking the table -- oh, once every quarter or so.

Unlike dBase, records cannot be "undeleted" and there is no need to pack the
table to reclaim free space.

Other Threads