TIBDatabase am I doing something wrong or what?

Hi
I went to roll out some applictions to another site where the database has a
different location and login params and applications had access violations.
Hard to find because it was occurring under Win2K. Anyway, what I had was
the databasename with the old test file and although TIBDatabase was not
connected and everything was inactive and the program would move in the new
datbasename and params the thing abended. It seems at create time the
databasename is used for something, like get field list or what ever and
this was causing the abend. When the applications were re-compiled with a
blank databasename the applications worked fine.
Am I doing soething wrong or was this planned within the component?
Regards
David Lindsey

Re:TIBDatabase am I doing something wrong or what?

David Lindsey wrote:

> Hi
> I went to roll out some applictions to another site where the database has a
> different location and login params and applications had access violations.
> Hard to find because it was occurring under Win2K. Anyway, what I had was
> the databasename with the old test file and although TIBDatabase was not
> connected and everything was inactive and the program would move in the new
> datbasename and params the thing abended. It seems at create time the
> databasename is used for something, like get field list or what ever and
> this was causing the abend. When the applications were re-compiled with a
> blank databasename the applications worked fine.
> Am I doing soething wrong or was this planned within the component?

Did you leave any Datasets open at design time?  If so they will auto start the
connection when streamed in.  Set the IBDatabase's AllowStreamedConnected to
false if you don't want any streaming activity to start the connection.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.

Re:TIBDatabase am I doing something wrong or what?

Thanks. Datasets weren't open at startup, made sure they were closed at
design time when trying to solve my problem. However, the IBDatabase's
AllowStreamedConnected was set to true. Not too sure what this does because
its not explained in help file. I looked at source code and could not find
how it would cause my problem. Anyway fixed now.
Thanks.

David Lindsey wrote:

> Thanks. Datasets weren't open at startup, made sure they were closed at
> design time when trying to solve my problem. However, the IBDatabase's
> AllowStreamedConnected was set to true. Not too sure what this does because
> its not explained in help file. I looked at source code and could not find
> how it would cause my problem. Anyway fixed now.

If turning that to false solved it then you had at least one dataset going
active at run time.  That is the only thing that thing stops.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.
At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear
shoes, bathe and not make messes in the house.   (Heinlein)

Other Threads