Compression

does anyone have (or know where I can get) the source for a decent file
compression method.

cheers

carl T.

OCNLW

Re:Compression

Carl Townsend wrote:

> does anyone have (or know where I can get) the source for a decent file
> compression method.

There is a LZ compression unit in SWAG.  It compresses typically between
25% and 50%.  Do a search in SWAG for compress and it'll be there.
Called LZSSUnit.

Hope this helps,

Bernard.

Re:Compression

Carl Townsend (carlt...@pavilion.co.uk) wrote:

: does anyone have (or know where I can get) the source for a decent file
: compression method.
:

Get ChiefLZ from my homepage (below). It contans LZSS compression and
decompression (with sources) for DOS, DOS DPMI, Win16, and Win32.

The Chief
--------
Email: la...@keele.ac.uk
Author of: Chief's Installer Pro 3.10 for Win16 and Win32:
           Winner of PC PLUS Magazine Gold Award (April 1995 U.K. edition)
           http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/African_Chief/
           ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/win3/install/chief310.zip

Other Threads