Board index » delphi » Delphi 2.0 crashing Windows NT 3.51

Delphi 2.0 crashing Windows NT 3.51

I just started working with Delphi 2.0 on a Windows NT 3.51
Workstation. To my surprise, I had several crashes when clicking
the " open file" button, when switching to another unit in the
editor, or when rebuilding the vcl library. Delphi 1.0 works
beautifully. Did anybody experince the same problem?

--
Gabriel Beccar-Varela
E-Mail gabr...@emf.net

 

Re:Delphi 2.0 crashing Windows NT 3.51


Quote
Gabriel Beccar-Varela (gabr...@emf.net) wrote:
> I just started working with Delphi 2.0 on a Windows NT 3.51
> Workstation. To my surprise, I had several crashes when clicking
> the " open file" button, when switching to another unit in the
> editor, or when rebuilding the vcl library. Delphi 1.0 works
> beautifully. Did anybody experince the same problem?

Nope.  Works great for me with  WNT Wks 3.51 SP3.

-------------
Steve Neumann
sneum...@owlnet.rice.edu

Re:Delphi 2.0 crashing Windows NT 3.51


In article: <4lmumb$...@larry.rice.edu>  sneum...@rice.edu (Steven Charles

Quote
Neumann) writes:
> Gabriel Beccar-Varela (gabr...@emf.net) wrote:
> > I just started working with Delphi 2.0 on a Windows NT 3.51
> > Workstation. To my surprise, I had several crashes when clicking
> > the " open file" button, when switching to another unit in the
> > editor, or when rebuilding the vcl library. Delphi 1.0 works
> > beautifully. Did anybody experince the same problem?

> Nope.  Works great for me with  WNT Wks 3.51 SP3.

I didn't see the original (or at least it hasn't appeared on my newsserver yet
-- if Einstein had had Usenet, relativity wouldn't have been such a big deal
:-)) but I agree that Delphi seems fine with NTW3.51, and I'm also running it
successfully with 4.0 beta 1.

However, the original 3.51 release *is* buggy without the service packs. SP4
is the latest, and although it's something like 10 or 11MB, it's worth
downloading from ftp.microsoft.com (the April MSDN only has SP3).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steve Rencontre               |  st...@dstrip.demon.co.uk (business)
If it works, it's obsolete.   |  steve...@cix.compulink.co.uk (private)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re:Delphi 2.0 crashing Windows NT 3.51


Thus spake Steve Rencontre <St...@dstrip.demon.co.uk>:

Quote
>In article: <4lmumb$...@larry.rice.edu>  sneum...@rice.edu (Steven Charles
>Neumann) writes:
>> Gabriel Beccar-Varela (gabr...@emf.net) wrote:
>> > I just started working with Delphi 2.0 on a Windows NT 3.51
>> > Workstation. To my surprise, I had several crashes when clicking
>> > the " open file" button, when switching to another unit in the
>> > editor, or when rebuilding the vcl library. Delphi 1.0 works
>> > beautifully. Did anybody experince the same problem?
>:-)) but I agree that Delphi seems fine with NTW3.51, and I'm also running it
>successfully with 4.0 beta 1.
>However, the original 3.51 release *is* buggy without the service packs. SP4
>is the latest, and although it's something like 10 or 11MB, it's worth
>downloading from ftp.microsoft.com (the April MSDN only has SP3).

Even then I didn't have problems. We've since installed SP2. Still
works great. My suggestion would be to try the services packs first,
even though I didn't have problems with 3.51.

Re:Delphi 2.0 crashing Windows NT 3.51


Quote
On Tue, 30 Apr 1996 15:35:41 GMT, jam...@spillman.com wrote:
>Thus spake Steve Rencontre <St...@dstrip.demon.co.uk>:

>>In article: <4lmumb$...@larry.rice.edu>  sneum...@rice.edu (Steven Charles
>>Neumann) writes:
>>> Gabriel Beccar-Varela (gabr...@emf.net) wrote:
>>> > I just started working with Delphi 2.0 on a Windows NT 3.51
>>> > Workstation. To my surprise, I had several crashes when clicking
>>> > the " open file" button, when switching to another unit in the
>>> > editor, or when rebuilding the vcl library. Delphi 1.0 works
>>> > beautifully. Did anybody experince the same problem?

>>:-)) but I agree that Delphi seems fine with NTW3.51, and I'm also running it
>>successfully with 4.0 beta 1.

>>However, the original 3.51 release *is* buggy without the service packs. SP4
>>is the latest, and although it's something like 10 or 11MB, it's worth
>>downloading from ftp.microsoft.com (the April MSDN only has SP3).

>Even then I didn't have problems. We've since installed SP2. Still
>works great. My suggestion would be to try the services packs first,
>even though I didn't have problems with 3.51.

I've run 2.0 on 3.51 with essentially all revs of the packs.  No
problems.

Other Threads