Can someone please send me the system.tpl fix for the 200Mhz problem?

I have a 300 PII and cannot use TP with the crt.tpu.
So do you have a the fix so that I can debug my code while still in design
mode. (not that .exe fix)

My course is in TP see. (I know I know go to C++)

Thank you in advance.

Jacques Koorts

Re:Can someone please send me the system.tpl fix for the 200Mhz problem?

In article <7aitvr$8v...@news3.saix.net>, Jacques <m...@kingsley.co.za> wrote:

:I have a 300 PII and cannot use TP with the crt.tpu.
:So do you have a the fix so that I can debug my code while still in design
:mode. (not that .exe fix)

 124) Curing Crt initialization runtime error 200 on fast machines

 161616 Jan 31 1999 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
 tsfaqp.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers, linked

   All the best, Timo

Moderating at ftp:// & http://garbo.uwasa.fi/ archives 193.166.120.5

Spam foiling in effect.  My email filter autoresponder will return a
required email password to users not yet in the privileges database.
Advice on spam foiling at http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/info/spamfoil.html

Re:Can someone please send me the system.tpl fix for the 200Mhz problem?

Jacques [mailto:m...@kingsley.co.za] decided to regale us with

>I have a 300 PII and cannot use TP with the crt.tpu.
>So do you have a the fix so that I can debug my code while still in design
>mode. (not that .exe fix)

>My course is in TP

You'd be better off in comp.lang.pascal.borland or borland.public.turbopascal where
the Mini-FAQ lists:

* Fast CPUs (Celeron, Pentium II, and >200MHz) give problems with Crt.Delay.

  A problem may occur with a PP-200 (or better) CPU in that Runtime Error
  no 200 is generated by the start-up code of the CRT unit. There is a
  division of a large number by 55 whose result won't fit into a 16 bit
  register; the CPU generates the 'divide by zero' exception/interrupt for that.

  See Timo Salmi's FAQ #124 for details

  Frank Heckenbach's remedy, for TP/BP 7.00/7.01, is
  available at
          http://fjf.gnu.de/programs.html#NewDelay

  Or Roger Donais's remedy : Those without source, compiling DOS real mode
  programs may find RDELAY.ZIP useful
          http://users.southeast.net/~rdonais/tpascal.html
          ftp://users.southeast.net/~rdonais/tpascal/rdelay.zip
  It contains source for a Turbo 4.0 through 7.0 compatible unit designed
  to prevent the "Divide by 0" error encountered on fast machines.

  There was a related problem in earlier TP version when the initialisation
  code calibrated the delay to be too short without generating an error. Frank
  Heckenbach's page has a fix and also see Timo Salmi's FAQ, article #67.

  Franz Glaser has collected a large number of patches for this and they can
  be found via http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/tp.html

  Andreas Bauer has produced a patch for an executeable program. Available from
  ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopa7/tppatch.zip
  This program can be installed as a tool in the Pascal IDE:
    ~B~auer's TPPATCH / TPPATCH / $EXENAME
  You can check by compiling to disk and running a program using Alt-R R that
  uses a non-fixed CRT unit. After the RTE200, use Alt-T B then run the program
  again - the error will be fixed.

  Further discussions of timing and delays can be found in Prof. Salmi's
  TurboPascal FAQ, in Kris Heidenstrom's Timing FAQ, in the newsgroup
  comp.lang.pascal.borland - *read previous posts first*, and at
          http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/pas-time.htm#Delay

Other Threads