ODBC Installation/Registry Question

I have a book from Microsoft Press titled "ODBC Programmer's Reference
and SDK Guide" which has sections on installing drivers and creating
data sources. It goes over the registry entries needed, ODBCINST
functions, and all of that. I'd also check the ODBC SDK.

-Bryan

David L. West wrote:

> I'm working on an install routine for a Delphi 2.0 app that uses
> the BDE and ODBC to access a SQL Anywhere database.  I thought
> I had a good understanding of what registry entries I had to
> make in order to get ODBC functioning, but I'm having some
> trouble.  The main problem is that after making what I thought
> were the appropriate registry entries, my ODBC32 control panel
> applet shows a big nothing where it should show the two ODBC
> data sources I want.

> I've prowled around MS Knowledgebase to no avail.  Can anybody
> point me to a good source of information on ODBC configuration?

> Please cc any reply to d...@prolaw.com

Re:ODBC Installation/Registry Question

I'm working on an install routine for a Delphi 2.0 app that uses
the BDE and ODBC to access a SQL Anywhere database.  I thought
I had a good understanding of what registry entries I had to
make in order to get ODBC functioning, but I'm having some
trouble.  The main problem is that after making what I thought
were the appropriate registry entries, my ODBC32 control panel
applet shows a big nothing where it should show the two ODBC
data sources I want.

I've prowled around MS Knowledgebase to no avail.  Can anybody
point me to a good source of information on ODBC configuration?

Please cc any reply to d...@prolaw.com

Other Threads