Some cheap SQL Server for Win95?

I want to make a database for Win95. I don't know if I must use Access,
dBase or Paradox, but I think that the best choise is a SQL Server.

The database will work in stand-alone for some time under Windows 95,
but next year it should work in 5 PC's.

if you know some cheap SQL Server for Win95 please send me a E-Mail to:

jalg...@cc.upv.es

Thank you

Re:Some cheap SQL Server for Win95?

Andres J. Algaba Navarro wrote:

> I want to make a database for Win95. I don't know if I must use Access,
> dBase or Paradox, but I think that the best choise is a SQL Server.

> The database will work in stand-alone for some time under Windows 95,
> but next year it should work in 5 PC's.

> if you know some cheap SQL Server for Win95 please send me a E-Mail to:

> jalg...@cc.upv.es

> Thank you

Hai,

Why don't you try Local Interbase.

Greetings

Edo

edhar...@wirehub.nl

"Andres J. Algaba Navarro" <jalg...@cc.upv.es> wrote:

>I want to make a database for Win95. I don't know if I must use Access,
>dBase or Paradox, but I think that the best choise is a SQL Server.

>The database will work in stand-alone for some time under Windows 95,
>but next year it should work in 5 PC's.

I can recommend both Sybase SQL Anywhere and Solid Server, with a personal bias
for Solid Server (www.solid.fi).

Solid is $99 for a desktop (WFW or W95 or WIN NT) license.
You can get a free 30-day fully functional evaluation license on their website.
You can convert the evaluation version to a full version.
Multi-user licenses are $199 per seat.
Sever versions for most platforms and operating systems (HP/UX, Solaris, Linux ,
Windows 95 & NT) available.

Danny Heijl.
---

Danny.He...@cevi.be    http://www.cevi.be/pp/danny/dhe.htm