Delphi 1.02 Upgrade Installation ?'s

I've just received my Delphi 1.02 Upgrade.  Or, at least I assume it
is my Delphi 1.02 Upgrade.  The CD looks identical to the original
Delphi CD, and there are no installation instructions or text of any kind
explaining any upgrade process.

I am concerned about maintaining the numerous components and form templates
I have added since the original install.   Does anyone know if a re-install
wipes out added components and templates?  I noticed on the CD there is a
complete set of 'installed' directories.  So, obviously, new DLL's and
EXE's could just be copied to the previous installation - if this is an
adequate and correct procedure.  Is any one out there aware of the correct
process for installing the upgrade without wiping out components and form
templates?

Thanks in advance for you assistance.

dick Keaton

Re:Delphi 1.02 Upgrade Installation ?'s

dick Keaton wrote:

> I've just received my Delphi 1.02 Upgrade.  Or, at least I assume it
> is my Delphi 1.02 Upgrade.  The CD looks identical to the original
> Delphi CD, and there are no installation instructions or text of any kind
> explaining any upgrade process.

> I am concerned about maintaining the numerous components and form templates
> I have added since the original install.   Does anyone know if a re-install
> wipes out added components and templates?  I noticed on the CD there is a
> complete set of 'installed' directories.  So, obviously, new DLL's and
> EXE's could just be copied to the previous installation - if this is an
> adequate and correct procedure.  Is any one out there aware of the correct
> process for installing the upgrade without wiping out components and form
> templates?

> Thanks in advance for you assistance.

>{*word*106} Keaton

Yes, the CD's do look alike. Also, there is no version
information in the about dialog. This can be confusing.

You will lose all additional components on the install of the
1.02 upgrade. Your complib.dpr has all of the components listed
in it, so you may want to backup it up and integrate it after
you install.

Tom Waterhouse
OMTI
t...@a.crl.com

Re:Delphi 1.02 Upgrade Installation ?'s

Where did you find that little pearl of wisdom? <g>

JHP

Tom Waterhouse <t...@a.crl.com> wrote:
>Yes, the CD's do look alike. Also, there is no version
>information in the about dialog. This can be confusing.

You can get Delphi version information by opening the about box
and (while holding down the ALT key) typing VERSION.

Regards
Jeff Carlson

Jim Pauley <jhpau...@tasc.com> wrote:
>Where did you find that little pearl of wisdom? <g>
>JHP

Why in the unofficial Delphi Newsletter of course!  (by Robert
Vivrette).  I esp. like the ALT-and to show a winking Anders (sp?)

Other Threads