Paradox and referential integrity

I have 2 tables that have an AutoIncrement type for the primary key. I also
have third table that is to link the first 2 tables, in a classic 1 to Many
setup.

The problem is that referential integrity in paradox will not allow this,
becuase they are different type. Is there any way arounf this, or is it a
lost cause. I figure the type of setup that I want must be possible using
paradox, but can't figure out how to do it. Any ideas?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
?raig ?eynolds

Re:Paradox and referential integrity

Add another field to the master table and synchronize this field with the
autoinc field after every post. After this you can use this second field for
the relation.

"Craig Reynolds" <reynoldscra...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

> I have 2 tables that have an AutoIncrement type for the primary key. I
also
> have third table that is to link the first 2 tables, in a classic 1 to
Many
> setup.

> The problem is that referential integrity in paradox will not allow this,
> becuase they are different type. Is there any way arounf this, or is it a
> lost cause. I figure the type of setup that I want must be possible using
> paradox, but can't figure out how to do it. Any ideas?

> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> ?raig ?eynolds
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Just becuase this is never going to work is no reason to be negative!

Re:Paradox and referential integrity

Is that some kind of limitation with the Paradox DB design.  Linking 2
tables via their primary keys, using another table, is a fairly standard
part of building databases. While the method no doubt works fine, it strikes
me as a work around.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
?raig ?eynolds

"M.H. Avegaart" <avegaartNOS...@mccomm.nl> wrote in message

> Add another field to the master table and synchronize this field with the
> autoinc field after every post. After this you can use this second field
for
> the relation.

> "Craig Reynolds" <reynoldscra...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> > I have 2 tables that have an AutoIncrement type for the primary key. I
> also
> > have third table that is to link the first 2 tables, in a classic 1 to
> Many
> > setup.

> > The problem is that referential integrity in paradox will not allow
this,
> > becuase they are different type. Is there any way arounf this, or is it
> > lost cause. I figure the type of setup that I want must be possible
using
> > paradox, but can't figure out how to do it. Any ideas?

> > --
> > ?raig ?eynolds
> > Just becuase this is never going to work is no reason to be negative!

Other Threads