NT Services & CreateOLEObject

Hi

I have written a Delphi 3 app. which connects to the db & then starts an
ole application (GQL Reports) & submits a report. This works fine
interactively.

However I want this process to run as an NT Service. I have written the
service which does the DB connections fine, but when it goes to create
the OLE object - GQLApp := CreateOLEObject('GQLReports.Application'),
it gives the following error:

Dr Watson fatal error

could not attach to the application
Windows NT error code = 87

Any suggestions as to why the app. won't fire up when run from an NT
Service would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Lisa
l...@rti.co.nz

Re:NT Services & CreateOLEObject

Hello,

Have you tried to wrap the CreateOleObject call in a try-except block, catch
the exception and log it to a file? That could indicate what problem you are
having.

have fun,
--
Binh Ly
Brickhouse Data Systems, Inc.

Relational Technology International wrote in message

<35D7BCEA.5...@iconz.co.nz>...
>Hi

>I have written a Delphi 3 app. which connects to the db & then starts an
>ole application (GQL Reports) & submits a report. This works fine
>interactively.

>However I want this process to run as an NT Service. I have written the
>service which does the DB connections fine, but when it goes to create
>the OLE object - GQLApp := CreateOLEObject('GQLReports.Application'),
>it gives the following error:

>Dr Watson fatal error

>could not attach to the application
>Windows NT error code = 87

>Any suggestions as to why the app. won't fire up when run from an NT
>Service would be greatly appreciated.

>TIA
>Lisa
>l...@rti.co.nz