Generic.dpr - creating text

Jeremy Collins <j...@jcollins.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>Hi all
>I've been creating a simple application (Delphi 1) based upon the
>Generic.dpr demo (basically a very small and simple install routine that
>will run quickly from a floppy).
>I've got it working pretty much how I want it, but can anyone tell me
>how to add text to a window created using the CreateWindow and
>RegisterClass routines? I just want to display a few simple status
>messages...

See the TextOut() and GetDC/ReleaseDC() function in the Windows SDK.
I assume your using the API level instead of the VCL in order to save
space?  Otherwise, I would recommend using a TForm and laying down a
TLabel.

Jay Cole
==========
NitroSort provides mainframe file sorting performance at PC prices.
See www.nitrosort.com

Re:Generic.dpr - creating text

Hi all

I've been creating a simple application (Delphi 1) based upon the
Generic.dpr demo (basically a very small and simple install routine that
will run quickly from a floppy).

I've got it working pretty much how I want it, but can anyone tell me
how to add text to a window created using the CreateWindow and
RegisterClass routines? I just want to display a few simple status
messages...

TIA

Jeremy Collins
"There's a cool web of language draws us in,
    Retreat from too much joy or too much fear"
-Robert Graves, 'The Cool Web', 1927

Other Threads