Data Compression Algorithms

I'm looking for documentation on data compression algorithms especially
those used in .zip and .arj.
Does anyone know where can I find such informations or example source codes
in zipping and unzipping?

<kkts...@tm.net.my>

Re:Data Compression Algorithms

In article <01bd5897$7c02b4a0$575db...@TMnet.tm.net.my>

"Simon TCW" <kkts...@tm.net.my> wrote:
> I'm looking for documentation on data compression algorithms especially
> those used in .zip and .arj.
> Does anyone know where can I find such informations or example source codes
> in zipping and unzipping?

Check my homepage below. It has free Pascal sources for UNZIP, and for
LZSS compression and decompression.

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Email: la...@keele.ac.uk
Homepage: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/African_Chief/
Author of: Chief's Installer Pro 4.25 for Win16 and Win32:
ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/ibmpc/win3/apps/chief/pro/chief425.zip

Simon TCW wrote:

> I'm looking for documentation on data compression algorithms especially
> those used in .zip and .arj.
> Does anyone know where can I find such informations or example source codes
> in zipping and unzipping?

> <kkts...@tm.net.my>

http://www.geocities.com/~franzglaser/tp.html
there is somewhere a link to "Huffman compression engine".

Regards,
Franz Glaser, Austria
http://members.eunet.at/meg-glaser

Other Threads