D5 cannot run on Windows 2000 Professional

I have the following problem:

I installed Delphi 5 Enterprise on Windows 2000 Professional. When I start
Delphi, the screen appear as usual, but Delphi doesnot respond.
When I click on menu buttons and toolbar buttons, nothing happen. However,
the close button (with cross) works: when I click on it, the following
message appears:

"This program is not responding. To return to Windows and check the status
of the program, click cancel. If you choose to end the program immediately,
you will lose any unsaved data. To end the program now, click End Now"

Could any one help me to solve this problem?

Re:D5 cannot run on Windows 2000 Professional

Tran Duy An wrote:
> I have the following problem:

> I installed Delphi 5 Enterprise on Windows 2000 Professional. When I start
> Delphi, the screen appear as usual, but Delphi doesnot respond.
> When I click on menu buttons and toolbar buttons, nothing happen. However,
> the close button (with cross) works: when I click on it, the following
> message appears:

> "This program is not responding. To return to Windows and check the status
> of the program, click cancel. If you choose to end the program immediately,
> you will lose any unsaved data. To end the program now, click End Now"

Try going into your Display Properties and disabling Hardware
Acceleration.  Then start Delphi again.  Do you have any third party
components installed?

Regards,
Steve
--
Please visit our online support pages at
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/

  Stephen Blas (Borland Software Corporation)

  http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:D5 cannot run on Windows 2000 Professional

Thank you for your instruction. I have no third party components installed.
But I could not find Hardware Acceleration option in Display properties.
Could you show me where it is?

"Tran Duy An" <ant...@dng.vnn.vn> wrote

> Thank you for your instruction. I have no third party components
installed.
> But I could not find Hardware Acceleration option in Display

properties.

Tran,
Have you right-clicked on open area of display?
Do you see Properties | Settings | Advanced?
Is there a Troubleshooting tab?
Is there a way there to adjust "Hardware acceleration"?
Regards, JohnH

"John Herbster (TeamB)" <herb-sci1_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> "Tran Duy An" <ant...@dng.vnn.vn> wrote
> > Thank you for your instruction. I have no third party components
> installed.
> > But I could not find Hardware Acceleration option in Display
> properties.

> Tran,
> Have you right-clicked on open area of display?
> Do you see Properties | Settings | Advanced?
> Is there a Troubleshooting tab?
> Is there a way there to adjust "Hardware acceleration"?
> Regards, JohnH

Thank you, John. I found it and adjust the function to None. But it doesn't
help with Delphi running. How can I solve this problem?

Regards,
An

Tran Duy An wrote:

> Thank you, John. I found it and adjust the function to None. But it doesn't
> help with Delphi running. How can I solve this problem?

Did Delphi ever work on your system?  Have you tried uninstalling and
then reinstalling?

Regards,
Steve
--

> Tran Duy An wrote:

> > Thank you, John. I found it and adjust the function to None. But it
doesn't
> > help with Delphi running. How can I solve this problem?

> Did Delphi ever work on your system?  Have you tried uninstalling and
> then reinstalling?

Yes, Delphi has ever work on my computer when the OS was Windows 98. Then I
removed W98 and installed W2000, and problem happened.

Tran Duy An wrote:
> Yes, Delphi has ever work on my computer when the OS was Windows 98. Then I
> removed W98 and installed W2000, and problem happened.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

Regards,
Steve
--
Please visit our online support pages at
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/

  Stephen Blas (Borland Software Corporation)

  http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:D5 cannot run on Windows 2000 Professional

As I know, many of vietnamese people install Lac Viet Tu Dien. It's a very
stupid software and cause Borland Delphi (and C++Builder) does not work
properly (event it is closed) because of memory conflicts and hook
functions.

If you have LV, try to remove it and start Borland Delphi again.

Other Threads