Mail Merge??? quick and dirty

Hi,
I would like information on doing a quick and dirty mail merge
to word 97...

If anyone has information, please drop me a line.

thanks
tony

donotspam_t...@brentmark.com

remove the donotspam_ to reply.

Thanks

Re:Mail Merge??? quick and dirty

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998 09:00:53 -0400, "p6" <p...@ibm.net> wrote:
>Hi,
>I would like information on doing a quick and dirty mail merge
>to word 97...

>If anyone has information, please drop me a line.

>thanks
>tony

>donotspam_t...@brentmark.com

>remove the donotspam_ to reply.

>Thanks

I have seen shareware components that claim to automate this. A good
place to look is the Delphi Super Page (sunsite.icm.edu.pl/delphi) and
Torry's (www.torry.ru). I have not tried them myself so I cannot give
you first hand experience. What I have done is to write code that
produces a comma delimited file with a header that can be imported
into Word. If this is OK, I can post some sample code. It does require
manual import though.

Steve F (Team B)

Re:Mail Merge??? quick and dirty

http://www.finalfiler.com/delphi/reporting/data2wrd.zip

from "Delphi on The Cheap" at http://www.finalfiler.com

p6 wrote in message <6vfogp$ms...@forums.borland.com>...
>Hi,
>I would like information on doing a quick and dirty mail merge
>to word 97...

>If anyone has information, please drop me a line.

>thanks
>tony

>donotspam_t...@brentmark.com

>remove the donotspam_ to reply.

>Thanks

Re:Mail Merge??? quick and dirty

It's possible, currently I'm using a Freeware component named:

wzWordMerge & msWordMerge

wzWordMerge shows a wizard on how you want your data (from DataSource)
and then calls to the msWordMerge components, works fast, easy and
correct!

The zipfile is called: data2wrd.zip and it even comes with an example.
The only problem is that I don't know where I got it from (what
delphi-page)
I'm sure you can find it on the internet!

p6 wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like information on doing a quick and dirty mail merge
> to word 97...

Good luck,

Stefan Dreverman

Re:Mail Merge??? quick and dirty

Hey, it's from the great guys at Final Filer SOftware -
http://www.finalfiler.com and "Delphi On The Cheap" at
http://www.finalfiler.com/delphi

Enjoy!

Pierre
Final Filer Software
pie...@finalfiler.com

Stefan Dreverman wrote in message <361CC13A.CC809...@stopspam.hob.nl>...
>It's possible, currently I'm using a Freeware component named:

>wzWordMerge & msWordMerge

>wzWordMerge shows a wizard on how you want your data (from DataSource)
>and then calls to the msWordMerge components, works fast, easy and
>correct!

>The zipfile is called: data2wrd.zip and it even comes with an example.
>The only problem is that I don't know where I got it from (what
>delphi-page)
>I'm sure you can find it on the internet!

>p6 wrote:

>> Hi,
>> I would like information on doing a quick and dirty mail merge
>> to word 97...

>Good luck,

>Stefan Dreverman

Re:Mail Merge??? quick and dirty

THANK YOU FOR WRITING msWordMerge!

Pierre du Parte wrote:
> Hey, it's from the great guys at Final Filer SOftware -
> http://www.finalfiler.com and "Delphi On The Cheap" at
> http://www.finalfiler.com/delphi

> Enjoy!

You betcha!