Help on Paradox Database Backing up data and restoring Data from Back up

Hi,

I want to have two menu options (Backup, restore ) in my menu.  Any one has
any idea how best I could do my backup and restore all needed tables,
indexes, etc for Paradox.   I am using Delphi3.

You help is greatly appreciated

Cheers

Eric Hela

Re:Help on Paradox Database Backing up data and restoring Data from Back up

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999 10:07:24 +1000, "Eric Hela" <e...@accent.com.pg>
wrote:

>Hi,

>I want to have two menu options (Backup, restore ) in my menu.  Any one has
>any idea how best I could do my backup and restore all needed tables,
>indexes, etc for Paradox.   I am using Delphi3.

>You help is greatly appreciated

>Cheers

>Eric Hela

There are a few ways to do it. To do it quick and dirty, you can shell
to a batch file that copies all the table and index files to a temp
directory and then zip them to a floppy. I've implemented this in a
program I'm working on now internally by copying the files in the
program and then compressing them with TurboPower's Abbrevia. There
are also third party components that can do this directly. Restore is
a little tricky since you can't copy back to the directory if the
tables are already open. You'll have to specifically close them all
first.

Steve F (Team B)

Re:Help on Paradox Database Backing up data and restoring Data from Back up

I use PKZIP directly, using spanning. Another alternative is to use one of
the ZIP file creation components.
Eric Hela wrote in message <79t6nc$dh...@forums.borland.com>...
>Hi,

>I want to have two menu options (Backup, restore ) in my menu.  Any one has
>any idea how best I could do my backup and restore all needed tables,
>indexes, etc for Paradox.   I am using Delphi3.

>You help is greatly appreciated

>Cheers

>Eric Hela

Other Threads