(OT?) Memo causes crash: Page faults

I have an app with an unused Memo in it which I would like to remove.
If I simply delete it, I get the Big Blue Windows GPF screen, exception
0E
at 0137:BFF9A3C0. I can fix it by reinserting a non-used Memo ! This
is D3.02, Win95b.

I get occasional invalid page faults with other software which also
start
0137. I don't know if this means a particular memory chip is faulty. I
had a
definate RAM problem only recently, and bought new Ram and set the Boot
to do a Ram check, which is okay. I would appreciate any advice.

Tia

Ray Cramer
R...@Pol.ac.uk

Re:(OT?) Memo causes crash: Page faults

It do sound like you still have faulty ram or some other faulty hardware
that's causing the problem.
Regarding your Memo problem:
Try to view your form as text and remove the memo component manually.

Ray Cramer <R...@pol.ac.uk> wrote in article
<35ED782A.F988C...@pol.ac.uk>...

> I have an app with an unused Memo in it which I would like to remove.
> If I simply delete it, I get the Big Blue Windows GPF screen, exception
> 0E
> at 0137:BFF9A3C0. I can fix it by reinserting a non-used Memo ! This
> is D3.02, Win95b.

> I get occasional invalid page faults with other software which also
> start
> 0137. I don't know if this means a particular memory chip is faulty. I
> had a
> definate RAM problem only recently, and bought new Ram and set the Boot
> to do a Ram check, which is okay. I would appreciate any advice.
> Tia
> Ray Cramer
> R...@Pol.ac.uk

Other Threads