Delphi Client/Server install problem

Help please!
                        I've installed Delphi 4 quite happily on my desktop,
no problems.  But the install to my laptop wont work.  As soon as I try to
run the program I get the following message boxes :

Error Starting Program
    The VCLX40.BPL file is
    linked to the missing export VCL40.bpl:@System@initialisation$qqrv

closely followed by:

C\:Program Files\Borland\Delphi4\Bin\delphi32.exe
    C\:Program Files\Borland\Delphi4\Bin\delphi32.exe
    A device attached to the system is not functioning

Both machines have the various files in the same places (ie VCL40.bpl is in
Windows\System on both machines etc) and there were no problems encountered
during the install.  I have tried uninstalling (twice) and also doing a
minimum install without any luck.

I'm mystified, so any ideas would be welcome!

Keith Irving

Re:Delphi Client/Server install problem

Keith,

First, try copying the file off the of the CD in the Runimage directory and
overwriting the copy that is on your hard drive.

What is your build number?  (It's under Help->About)
--
------------------------
Richard

Re:Delphi Client/Server install problem

I've tried that, no joy.  I've tried copying the Runimage directory etc
across to the hard drive and re-installing, no joy.

Any other ideas.  D4 works just fine on my desktop and this is frustrating
the hell out of me that I can't get it going on my laptop!!!

BTW build number is 5.33

Richard [Inprise] wrote in message <365C232B.16EBA...@inprise.com>...
>Keith,

>First, try copying the file off the of the CD in the Runimage directory and
>overwriting the copy that is on your hard drive.

>What is your build number?  (It's under Help->About)
>--
>------------------------
>Richard
>Delphi Developer Support
>www.inprise.com
>(I do not respond to support questions by e-mail)

Re:Delphi Client/Server install problem

That is not the release version of Delphi.  The shipping version was
5.37. Inprise would like to hear from you if you bought it through an
official channel.  If you did buy an official copy I'd call Inprise and
tell them your serial number and where you bought it and they should
send you out the shipping version.  So far only people with pirated
copies seem to have gotten this version.  This is why it is important to
find out if any legitimate channels have this problem.

Jeff Overcash

Keith Irving wrote:

> I've tried that, no joy.  I've tried copying the Runimage directory etc
> across to the hard drive and re-installing, no joy.

> Any other ideas.  D4 works just fine on my desktop and this is frustrating
> the hell out of me that I can't get it going on my laptop!!!

> BTW build number is 5.33

> Richard [Inprise] wrote in message <365C232B.16EBA...@inprise.com>...
> >Keith,

> >First, try copying the file off the of the CD in the Runimage directory and
> >overwriting the copy that is on your hard drive.

> >What is your build number?  (It's under Help->About)
> >--
> >Richard
> >Delphi Developer Support
> >www.inprise.com
> >(I do not respond to support questions by e-mail)

Other Threads