Reposition QR report on the page at run time

Hello,

My QR report is all labels (plus a title band).  This is because I do not
work with data aware components (I use raw BTRieve).  I really need the
ability to shift the entire report slightly up-down-right-left occasionally
before printing due to variations in different printers.  I print my reports
to preprinted forms so hitting the exact strike area is critical.

I have tried using the QuickRep.Page.TopMargin..etc  but it is as though I
am talking to myself.  Is there some special sequence that the margin
commands are supposed to be used, such as "on_print" or before the QR form
is activated?  It seems as though the margin commands should have some
effect on the printer output.

Best Regards
Sam in California

Re:Reposition QR report on the page at run time

On Sun, 20 May 2001 18:46:02 -0700, "Sam Hunnicutt" <s...@invomax.com>
wrote:

>Hello,

>My QR report is all labels (plus a title band).  This is because I do not
>work with data aware components (I use raw BTRieve).  I really need the
>ability to shift the entire report slightly up-down-right-left occasionally
>before printing due to variations in different printers.  I print my reports
>to preprinted forms so hitting the exact strike area is critical.

>I have tried using the QuickRep.Page.TopMargin..etc  but it is as though I
>am talking to myself.  Is there some special sequence that the margin
>commands are supposed to be used, such as "on_print" or before the QR form
>is activated?  It seems as though the margin commands should have some
>effect on the printer output.

Sam,

You are on the right track but will have to adjust the margins before
commencing to print or preview.    After that it is too late.

e.g. increasing Page.LeftMargin and decreasing  Page.RightMargin by
the same amount shifts the whole print area to the right and so on.

regards
Colin Acheson

Other Threads