IBX 4.52 very strange bug ...

Hello Sir,

An IBDataset crashes only in debug mode.

When I debug an application using 'step over', after I opened a second
IBDataset, it raises an 'Invalid floating point operation' exception.
It seems to be raised in a call to the DateTimeToTimeStamp function.

The very strange thing is that it works fine if I just run the
application without breakpoints and press F9.

I open explicitly the Database and Start the transaction also explicitly.

Any ideas ?

--
Don't just do it, enjoy it.

Manuel Carreira,

BasharMan...@nospam.zonnet.nl

Re:IBX 4.52 very strange bug ...

Jorge Manuel Bertolo Carreira wrote:

> Hello Sir,

> An IBDataset crashes only in debug mode.

> When I debug an application using 'step over', after I opened a second
> IBDataset, it raises an 'Invalid floating point operation' exception.
> It seems to be raised in a call to the DateTimeToTimeStamp function.

> The very strange thing is that it works fine if I just run the
> application without breakpoints and press F9.

> I open explicitly the Database and Start the transaction also explicitly.

> Any ideas ?

> --
> Don't just do it, enjoy it.

> Manuel Carreira,

> BasharMan...@nospam.zonnet.nl

   Had similar situation. Constructed IBQuery by sequence of SQL.Add(...).
When open it, within OnCalcFields on some calculations with legal values got
this exception. Eleminated it by changing to construction sql in memo.lines
and assigning result to IBQuery.SQL.

Re:IBX 4.52 very strange bug ...

I have this problem in Builder 5 all the time, its not an IB issue
AFAIK, try unchecking Use Debug libraries (I presume this is in Delphi
too) in Project->Options->Linker

The DateTime conversion functions are the problem, always causing
floating point exceptions

HTH

Ded wrote:

> Jorge Manuel Bertolo Carreira wrote:

> > Hello Sir,

> > An IBDataset crashes only in debug mode.

> > When I debug an application using 'step over', after I opened a second
> > IBDataset, it raises an 'Invalid floating point operation' exception.
> > It seems to be raised in a call to the DateTimeToTimeStamp function.

> > The very strange thing is that it works fine if I just run the
> > application without breakpoints and press F9.

> > I open explicitly the Database and Start the transaction also explicitly.

> > Any ideas ?

> > --
> > Don't just do it, enjoy it.

> > Manuel Carreira,

> > BasharMan...@nospam.zonnet.nl

>    Had similar situation. Constructed IBQuery by sequence of SQL.Add(...).
> When open it, within OnCalcFields on some calculations with legal values got
> this exception. Eleminated it by changing to construction sql in memo.lines
> and assigning result to IBQuery.SQL.

--
David Reed

Other Threads