Q: IB/FB port of communication?

I am planning to have a IB/FB client outside the LAN (i.e outside the
firewall), my question is which tcp port(s) is an IB client using to
communicate to a server? Is it 3050, is that the only one?

/Fred

Re:Q: IB/FB port of communication?

Fred wrote:

> I am planning to have a IB/FB client outside the LAN (i.e outside the
> firewall), my question is which tcp port(s) is an IB client using to
> communicate to a server? Is it 3050, is that the only one?

Hi,

CMIIW, yes, the only one port that IB need to communicate with client is
3050.

-Jaimy

Re:Q: IB/FB port of communication?

Unless you're using events...

I believe the event-callback mechanism uses a random port?

--

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase
http://www.upscene.com

Firebird Workbench - the developer tool for Firebird
http://www.upscene.com

Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

"This is an object-oriented system.
If we change anything, the users object."

In article <3d89a...@newsgroups.borland.com>,
m.tonies@upscene_remove.com says...
> Unless you're using events...

> I believe the event-callback mechanism uses a random port?

        Yes.  Also, InterClient uses port 3060.

        -Craig

--
 Craig Stuntz [TeamB] Vertex Systems Corp. Columbus, OH
     Delphi/InterBase Weblog: http://delphi.weblogs.com

Re:Q: IB/FB port of communication?

3050 is the port that IB uses.

--