Urgent Indy FTP Help Please

Hi

I am using delphi v5 pro with indy v9.01 (i think).

 I am using the FTp component to connect to a NT server and Upload a text
file.  I set the append flag to true because i want to append to the
existing file.  This works great on a NT server but the powers that be have
decided to move our site over to a Linux server. I need to do the same.

Log on to the Linux server with FTp and send up a file and append it to an
existing file of the same name.  But The Linux server returns an error
message saying this cannot be done with an access denied error.  I have
checked all the user writes and I have full read write create supervisory
writes, The whole shabang!!.

I cannot figure out why It is not working.  Sombody Please help before I
pull out the last remaing strands of hair I have.

Regards

Lee

Re:Urgent Indy FTP Help Please

To debug, run an ordinary Ftp client program like CuteFTP or WS_Ftp on your
Windows machine. You should be able to connect & move files to & from the
Linux machine.  This will let you debug all the issues such as permission on
the Linux end.  Once it works, you put the same address, username, password,
etc settings into your Delphi client and all should go well.

I have communicatied from Delphi to Linux Ftp clients and mostly its getting
the Ftp server settings at the Linux end.

Roger

"Lee J Cook" <L...@Leekey.Karoo.Co.Uk> wrote in message

> Hi

> I am using delphi v5 pro with indy v9.01 (i think).

>  I am using the FTp component to connect to a NT server and Upload a text
> file.  I set the append flag to true because i want to append to the
> existing file.  This works great on a NT server but the powers that be
have
> decided to move our site over to a Linux server. I need to do the same.

> Log on to the Linux server with FTp and send up a file and append it to an
> existing file of the same name.  But The Linux server returns an error
> message saying this cannot be done with an access denied error.  I have
> checked all the user writes and I have full read write create supervisory
> writes, The whole shabang!!.

> I cannot figure out why It is not working.  Sombody Please help before I
> pull out the last remaing strands of hair I have.

> Regards

> Lee

Other Threads